Boink Youth Advisory Board
What is Boink? Boink is a smartphone app where young adults can ask hundreds of experts any questions they have about sex, dating, and relationships and get real answers they can trust.
Why? We believe that all young people (and all people!) deserve to have happy and healthy sex lives. To help make this world happen, we’re creating a safe, fun, and supportive space to talk about sexual health. All from the privacy of your own phone.
Boink is currently in development. We are looking for a committed group of young adults to be the guiding force behind the app.
Who are we looking for?
- Between the ages of 18 and 26
- Interested in sexual health issues (no prior experience necessary)
- Reliable and responsible
- Serve as a tester providing feedback on design, user interface, functions and features.
- Help Boink staff stay on up to date on current issues in sexual health among young people and educate Boink staff about trends in slang and social media.
- Promote Boink as much as possible with friends and on social media; help find creative ways to spread the word about Boink.
- Assist with Boink policies and procedures including vetting new referrals and providing input on difficult issues.
- Participate by asking questions or being an expert; help set community expectations.
Commitment (~13 hours per month, ~2-3 hours per week)
- Monthly meeting with Boink leadership
- One hour per week of promotion time
- One hour per week of quality assurance time
- Answer or ask at least one question per day
Participants who fulfill the above commitments will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card every month.
Interested? E-mail Elise Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org
People of color, non-native English speakers, immigrants, LGBTQ, and rural applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Deadline is May 31st, 2017.